Criteria control in a worksheet?

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my window, door, and room finish schedules in this file that I am not sure how to address. Each item is showing up multiple times (see attached image). When I choose 'Select Item' while I have the worksheet, they all are selecting the same item, so I know that I don't have a copy of the object somewhere else by accident.

The only thing that I can think of that might be related is that we've recently started using design layer viewports, so I have some viewports of the plan in question on other layers. But I cannot seem to find a way to exclude these/create criteria that will stick... I've tried unchecking the Design Layer Viewports options under 'Insert/Criteria', but when I close that dialogue box, nothing is different. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong there?

VW will return an object for every instance in a design layer, or in a viewport.

Are there other criteria you can add (like maybe the layer the original objects are on) that will differentiate them from the objects in the viewports?

If you can't figure it out tell us more about how your drawing is structured and exactly what criteria you are using for the database row.

Hi Pat,

Current, the database headers row just says things like "=(Window.IDPrefix)". When I try to add criteria, it either just makes all rows say the same thing, i.e. "=(Window.IDPrefix)(NOTINDLVP & NOTINREFDLVP & (L='Floor Plan 1'))" or the change doesn't actually take. Again, I think there's something wrong I'm doing with the criteria, but I don't quite know what.

Guest Wes Gardner

Open your Database Header Row as Pat suggests and way over to the LEFT, right click to Edit or Set Criteria...see illustration

Is this what you're looking for...

Edited by Wes Gardner

And you definitely want to UNCHECK the viewports options. When they are checked, then you specifically add those items into the count.

With them unchecked, you still get the original object and any objects in sheet layer viewports also. The way to get around that is to click the More Choices button and add a specific layer or layers to count on.

• 7 months later...