HP T120

jmartinarch

Question

10 answers to this question

I think that's the driver. Thanks Jim. And yes Peter I agree it is a nice little printer for the price. I'm not sure who to ask about my next maneuver: I have VW installed on a MacBook Pro and am thinking of purchasing an iMac Can I have VW on both machines? I do travel and work away from office. Not sure what the license agreement is.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

E series (your serial number will start with an E) serial numbers in the US allow installation on one home and one mobile PC, you can have it installed on both but they would try to kick each other off if they were both running at the same time.

With one running at a time it should be no issue and its permitted by the EULA.

I just bought a T120 printer and I'm trying to plot a full scale template at 23-1/2"x102". I'm getting a message telling me "paper size mismatch".

I can't figure out how to set up the page settings so I can print more than a 36" D size sheet.

I used the custom sizes setup but I can't seem to get it to print.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I'd send a screen shot but I don't know how to attach a file to my post.

Hi Jim,

I got it sorted out.

I generally use the plotter only for VW.

Since I bought it, this is the first time I've tried to plot anything larger than a D size sheet.

It was an issue with the width and height inputs, but what confuses me is I put in 102" in the width box and 23.5" in the height box and the page set to portrait and it worked so I tried my second plot with the same settings and nothing...

After spending 3 hours with HP tech support, having me delete system files and downloading updated drivers that wouldn't install, I decided to try reversing the width, height and page orientation and it worked. You would think that would be the first thing he would have had me do. It was a matter of getting the settings to what HP defines as the width of the paper and the height. The "width" setting is the width of the roll you are using.

The other thing I noticed is that if you have an incorrect width and height (ie:102" w and 23.5 H) the dropdown for "page size" grays out dimensions that aren't accepted by HP. That was a clue to me that something wasn't right.

The other thing I noticed is that on my Snow Leopard machine I have a print preview button, but on my Mavericks machine, there is none. Am I missing something?

Thanks Jim