Is Curved Truss Tool Wrong?

Hey Gang,

I've hit an issue within the curved truss tool and I wanted to bounce it off the community to see if the error lies in the tool or in my understanding of truss circles.

in my case I am working with Global F34 Truss which is 290mm Box. I open the tool and I want to create 4 90° sections and then create a circle. I have set the radius to 2000mm in an effort to create a 4m circle.

After I have created my circle I measure to the outside edges of the circle and I get 4290mm In order to get the desired outcome I am forced to use (2000mm - (290/2)) or 1855mm

Is circle truss often calculated to the centre of each run?

Ideally I would like to see ID (Inside Dimension) and OD (Outside Dimension) both as editable fields. Once the truss dimensions are added ID= x + Width OD= x - Width

Hi Kevin,

I understand that this is the case and perhaps I should have said that just that to be less verbose. My question to the greater community is, does that calculation method seem intuitive?

We have a team of very experienced production managers who have unanimously decried this method as at least Australian suppliers either use ID or OD measurements. I'm interested if this is a standard elsewhere internationally and perhaps we are a bit backwards (As is often the case down under) or if the tool could/should be tweaked as I had previously mentioned. Can anyone weigh in on this with their opinion.

Thank you all for your time.