Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Tab Pane and Swap Pane, are they the same thing?

The description and example of the DisplayTabPane and DisplaySwapPane Functions are exactly the same in the VS Function Reference. This is true in VW 2013, 2014 and 2015 Function Reference.

Can anyone clarify the difference between these two Functions if any?

I am having difficulty with the Tab Panes in one of my scripts, but the function reference seems to only describe the Swap Pane Function.

Is there anyone monitoring the Function Reference from version to version and making corrections?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Tab Panes are used in a Tab Control. These create a dialog with actual tabs. You use the tabs at the top of the dialog control to allow the user to pick which tab is shown.

http://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:CreateTabControl

Swap Pane works in a similar manner but there are no tabs and you have to have some other control or code to determine which swap pane is displayed.

Thanks, I have used Tab Panes I just was not clear on Swap Panes. The documentation for CreateTabPane or CreateSwapPane is correct and explains it fairly well, but the DisplayTabPane documentation is incorrect and that was what I was looking at when I posted.