Window ID tags

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The offset H and V there are for 3D views of tags only.

Those fields are intended to be more tucked under the "Show 3D" option from what I understand to make this more obvious, I have filed a request that they do so. They're just listed unindented underneath the 3D option now so it isn't very clear. They also do not grey out when Show 3D tag is disabled, which would make more sense as well.

• Like 1

After looking in the window info palette it is more clear that those options apply to 3d. But, since I adding the tags now instead of at the beginning. I have to edit each one individually to get size, shape of bubble and text font and size. A lot of clicks.

I thought the tags would be text formatted to my current settings but they are not.

Are they generated using the current font at time of window placement? Is there place to format these tags universally?

Lastly, if you have several same windows can they be all the same call out? "W-01"

or should there be a different number or letter for each window?

• 2 weeks later...

You can edit these setting for all doors or windows at once. Just select all doors using the magic wand - then select 'Settings' from the object info palette. This will allow you to set the settings and class of the tag for all doors at the same time.

After you leave the dialog you can set the font size from the 'Text' menu.

I thought the ids used the current font settings when the door was created - but to be honest I am not sure.

As for your last question - yes - all the windows can have the same name/id. There is no naming conflict detection. I guess whether or not you want to individually id each window is up to you and how you are constructing your schedule.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Yup, spoke with support and also suggested it as a feature for future releases. In the meantime, I discovered that the H&V offsets for the 3D ID tags are fields that can be set within a worksheet, so I made a quick worksheet that makes it possible to center the 3D tags for all windows in two quick copy-and-paste operations (made one for doors as well).

Cheers,

Markus