Wish List for Landscape Areas

Amanda McDermott

Question

Suggestions for things that would improve usability of Landscape Area tool;

NB. Some of these already exist for 'Plant Objects'; so hopefully relatively easy to apply the same principles to 'Landscape Areas' for those of us that don't always want to show each plant please!

1. Tag class for landscape areas – seems to be missing from the ‘object info’ palette, the only place to change it is to go into the ‘landscape area settings’.

2. When ‘Landscape Area Settings’ box opens, it would be useful to have it automatically open large enough to show the full plant list – or at least to remember the last size you changed it to? Currently displays only 3 plant species, almost every plant list is longer than that, and you need to see all at once, so end up resizing the window every time.

3. A field in the database for the number of plants per m squared, which translates as default (able to be edited) for use in mixes would be very helpful. Also a fuller explanation as to how planting mixes are calculated in each option would be useful please.

4. Seems to be a bug when editing landscape area tags to a custom tag – when editing a few at once, and trying to change the character displayed between ‘Name’ and ‘Area’, it won’t let me close the dialog, just keeps popping back up; I end up having to quit Vw and reopen

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

1) I believe this is in the pipe as a coming feature, if not I will add the request now.

2) There is a larger scope wish for dialog boxes to maintain their customized sized, I will add this thread to that request.

3) Submitting request now.

4) I think this one was caught and marked as a known issue, I will confirm!