PDF Printing Issue

Some lines seem to be dropping off when publishing to PDF. They appear normal onscreen, but when the PDF is printed they disappear. Both Vectorworks and Adobe Acrobat are up to date. All graphics cards and printer drivers are up to date. I've tried with multiple printers, multiple users, and multiple files. All with the same results. Any thoughts?

Hi,

Australian version of SP4 just dropped. Have been trying to export PDF's containing Tiles objects. The only thing that exports are the tile objects next to the tile mapped origin.

Have only tested one physical print, but works as expected.

Thanks.

PS Tried creating PDF from Print dialogue, and that also works normally (but obviously at a quality that is not nearly as good as the Export to PDF or Publish commands).

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Hi,

Australian version of SP4 just dropped. Have been trying to export PDF's containing Tiles objects. The only thing that exports are the tile objects next to the tile mapped origin.

Have only tested one physical print, but works as expected.

Thanks.

PS Tried creating PDF from Print dialogue, and that also works normally (but obviously at a quality that is not nearly as good as the Export to PDF or Publish commands).

This bug has been acknowledged and is being worked on presently.

Hi Jim,

Does this mean we will have to wait for SP5 to see this sorted? Do you have a timeline as to when that might be released? (The Australian version normally drops a few weeks later).

I think this is the first time I have experienced a Vectorworks service pack adding bugs. For our interior projects, we use tiles extensively, so it looks like we will have to go back to SP3 for the time being.

PS For me this is only happening with tiles, not hatches.

• 4 months later...