Textures Fail in Render

Hi Team,

I'm having a very frustrating time here and I hope someone can help me out. I have a drawing and viewports I have rendered plenty of times, but now for whatever reason the textures don't appear on the screens and the floor texture has gone hay wire.

Its Final Quality renderworks or any variation on Custom that is having the problem, I have attached the OpenGL and FQRW renders, there isn't anything massively difficult happening and even when I remove layers I get the same results. I have tried it on multiple computers and have tried opening a new drawing and importing all of the layers from the old drawing.

This isn't the first time renderworks gets lazy with a complicated drawing and just doesn't produce textures, but those were very complex, this is very simple. Please if anyone can help me save this drawing that would be amazing. Thanks a million!

Hi Hayden,

Black textures in RW normally indicate a lack of memory when running the render which is generally caused by using too high quality images in your textures.

For a render of this type I would recommend all your images used to create the textures should be under 0.5mb file size.

A quick way to check the images sizes used in the textures is to select all your textures in the Resource browser then right click and select "Export images". You can then save them to a folder on you computer and sort them by file size to find the culprits and simply resize them in PS or a similar image editing software.

Once the images are resized, reimport them into the textures and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps

Thank you guys so much. The most frustrating part is this morning it has worked correctly. I had tried resetting the machine etc. last night, but today it works. I hate that because its not a science.

The only decent texture was 800kb so I don't suspect its that, but again, it has come right. Thanks again team, until next time!