Floor plan viewport setting the cutting plane height

How to show a floor plan viewport that shows the cutting plane at a desired height from the floor, I mean to a specific indicated height?

The answer that says make an elevation and then make a viewport and then make a section viewport is not good enough to show a floor plan with the same quality as the floor plan shown in a viewport.

Is there another way to set up this?

Thanks in advance.

In this attached image i set the clip cube to section though my house and then created a viewport and when I ticked the Display Planar Objects and Project Screen Objects on the VP pallet i got this rendered image cut through the windows. Need to see why its a bit blurry but I have not been able to get a result like this before. Its a start.

HTH

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Allan, I will see if it works enough like to get a documentation drawing with the hatches and details needed for a typical floor plan doc.

For the blurry you mention think it is because the resolution of the viewport.

Try to change it from the preferences tab, it is 72dpi by default but you can enhance it.

Thanks

Gf

Hi,

Since discovered that the best way to do show a plan in Open GL cut through the windows (or any height ) was to create a plan viewport then click in the OIP to view the viewport from front or any then cut a section viewport across the viewport (without going into the viewport) and the resultant wil be a slice through the plane and you can render it in open GL and all looks great.