10.1 PROBLEMS

Hi All, Can I vent a lttle? The upgrade to 10.1 is a little dissappointing so far. Opening the program reverts to the "architect" workspace, instead of the workspace I use all the time. Text in worksheets is still changing itself to GENEVA when I plot (Listen NNA: this only happens in VW 10, if I export the file to VW 9 it will print fine). Complex wall joins are still basically impossible to get right. These are only what I've discovered so far. Are they being worked on???

Peter CIpes

Mac OS 10.2.4 / VW 10.1 (and every earlier version since 4)

Peter,

The worksheet ordeal --

There is an issue with Adobe Type 1/2 fonts with OS 10.x.

The text in worksheets would bunch up when printed. This is an issue between Apple and Adobe from what I understand.

In order for us to stop the text bunching in worksheet problem, we have to build a workaround in VW.

When using an Adobe Type font for worksheets, the font is substituted with the default system font.

This issue has not been fixed as of OS 10.2.4. The fix will probably remain in worksheets placed on the drawing until the problem is fixed in the OS.

If you do not want the worksheets to print with Geneva, I suggest using a font other than an Adobe Type font for worksheet text.

As for the workspaces problem -

Are you saying that you switch to abc workspace, close VW, open Vw again and VW has reverted to the Architect workspace?

[ 03-06-2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]