Can someone comment ........

I have been using MiniCad 7 for sometime now on an old PPC. I’m thinking about upgrading to the latest version of Vectorworks including Architect and Landmark,in addition to purchasing a new or used computer. Because my financial resources are somewhat limited, I have concluded that a G3 EMAC might be a good computer to make this transition.

Can someone comment on my choice of computer and provide some input with respect to the amount of RAM and the type of video card I should use.

Also – the previous discussions with respect to crashes and slowness of Vectorworks 10 and OS 10 have caused me to be somewhat skittish about buying Vectorworks.

Thanks in advance.

OS 10 is having issues on g3's. So, if you go that route, you may want to consider staying with OS 9.

Depending on what you are doing with VW, 256 MB of RAM is the minimum amount of RAM you would want.

Most Mac users doing more than just 2d work are using 512MB of ram.

all emacs have g4 cpus and run os x nicely.

it has a geforce 2mx graphics card from nvidia, you cannot change it. not the newest or fastest card, but good enough.

you should buy as much ram as you can afford, just don't buy it at Apple. Get the stock configuration and add 133MHz SDRAM dimms from your local pc shop, much cheaper. Installing ram is covered in the manual and easy enough to do yourself, even if you've never seen the insides of a mac before.