Flyover tool on mouse right-click

In Rhino the 3D environment is navigated by right clicking with the mouse to orbit (i.e. flyover).

Is it possible to do the same in Vectorworks - to set the right mouse-click to flyover tool?

I am only able to change the short cut to other keys - not to a mouse click.

Any suggestions?

If not- it would be verys usefull to have as it's super convenient way of naviagating 3D.

Regards,

VIktor

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It is not, right-click in Vectorworks is tied to the contextual menu, which works in a blank area as well as on objects, so right clicking in a blank spot already has commands associated to it. Currently you cannot remap mouse buttons in the workspaces editor, though this has been requested.

You can hold Ctrl/Control down to change left click middle click to flyover, however, which is very useful for the in-3D-view editing tools like Edit Curtain Wall and Push/Pull.

Edited by JimW
You can hold Ctrl/Control down to change left click to flyover, however,

You can? On my system holding down Control switches to something labelled "Internal Tool Tool" in the mode bar. It also activates a menu icon cursor and when you left click you get the normal right click contextual menu.

I thought it was Control plus centre click on a three button mouse that was the flyover tool. That's why I've made so many wishes about the poor state of access to navigation (you can't access it and many other things using a laptop without a mouse or with a two button magic mouse).

Kevin

Thank you for the explanation.

Unfortunately I'm not able to hold ctrl (or any kombination of keys) to activate flyover with a mouse click, as I only get the contextual menu.

At them moment I access the flyover with SHIFT+C.

I agree with Kevin - access to navigation tools could be much better, in line with other software.

Viktor