Limiting size of pdf export

Kevin C

Question

Is there any way that VW can be set to either produce a warning when exporting to pdf if the file size is going to be greater than a predefined level.

For example (I think i've mentioned before in other posts) - Preparing submission packs for Planning Consent - no file can be greater than 5MB.

Also when creating viewports in sheet layers, it would be great if the object info pallet could give an estimate of the proposed pdf file size of that sheet so that adjustments could be made to viewports (resolution up or down) before sometimes waiting an hour or two (or more) for the pdf file to be generated only to find that the file size is too large and you have to start all over again.

4 answers to this question

1+

More options and control in general with PDF exports would be great.

I have given up on trying to control it on the VW side. VW is pretty bad at the PDF conversion. Files tend to be very large and cumbersome. Unpredictable.

Since the PDF format is so ubiquitous - it would be great if this relationship could be made better overall + smarter.