Corrupted File Corrections

We have what we believe to be a corrupted file, and are wondering if there are any fixes for it. It is working drawing file for a new residential building, 2 stories high, layer scale set to 1/4". (I have another post regarding this file- about nested symbols). There are other layers scales for elevations (1/8") and sections (1/2"), and a WG ref for the site info. The file setup and layers names are our office standard- I did not use Setup Assistant. We also have custom record formats that we use in all our files with no problems.

The corruptions appear as sudden quitting in mid command (such as arrow scrolling, pasting objects, etc.), odd gaps in walls next to door symbols, opening file fresh onto layers/views not saved on. I also notice on my computer that if I have a layer link of the plans for checking elevations, a noticable slowness occurs.

Since we can stil open it and work on it, we are still going to use it, with frequent saves. But I'm wondering if there is a way to find out what's wrong with it. I don't want a catastrophe to occur as we continue with thses construction documents. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.