Section Cut Question

Hi,

I cut some sections on my floor plan which is layed out on a design layer. The sections created just fine on the 'Section' Sheet layer. All I need is to be able to show the section cuts on my floor plan, foundation plan, etc. on the Sheet layers. Do I have to go into Annotations and create another section cut? I transferred the cuts to s specific class and it still didn't show up on my sheet layers. Please help. I'm sure it's probably a simple fix.

Thanks!!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Are you making Section Viewports, or using the Cut 2D/Cut 3D Section commands?

The modern flow uses Section Viewports, which you would place on a sheet layer and if you needed plan views as well, those would just be standard viewports, placed on the same sheet layers.

Creating viewports:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/826/Creating+Viewports

Guest Wes Gardner

If you want your section markers to show on your plans, go to the section viewport, make it active, inthe Object Info palette, at the bottom, choose 'Section Line Instances', then choose the "viewports" tab and place a check mark beside the plan viewport on which you want your section markers to appear.

Wes

You will find it easier to follow Wes' advice if:

1. you name your viewports accurately when you create them. DO NOT use the default names, use proper names like "existing floor plan vp" or "west elevation". That way it is easier to use the list of viewports to show the section line instances.

2.you remember that activating the section lines on a design layer does not mean that they will show in a viewport. the only way to get them on the viewport is to follow Wes' advice.