Site Model Crop not accurate

See Pic, I want to edit the Site Model Crop, but it shows 2 lines, the dashed line is accurate but the editable brown line is offset. I am in top/Plan view.

Very difficult to accurately edit the crop line this way.

Anyone else notice this , what caused it, can I fix it???

Thanks

Duplicate the file for tests.

Some things to explore:

•Is it just this drawing? Create a new blank drawing, create a simple site model and crop it. Same thing?

•Edit the crop and move it so it is coincident with the dashed line, then exit the crop, does the cropped DTM look correct?

•Did you move the user page center?

•The background color looks like the default for orthogonal view, but could your drawing be in a perspective view?

•Does this offset happen after system and vwx restart?

•OK, probably not any of these, but they are easy to test.

•Post a link to a small file with similar so others can troubleshoot.

-B

Thanks Benson,

I was in Plan View. I made a new file and dropped this dtm in. It still does it.

I do not recall doing anything special with the crop I think it is the original default line. IF I move it it reflects the changes in the model.

If I move it to the same location as the the other non editable line it does not show as I would expect.

Ok I made a new site model in a new file, it is behaving the same way.

Please see file

I see exact same problem in your file.

In a new file, with a new Site Model created from the same circular source objects, the crop works as expected if the site model has not moved from location where it was created. If the site model has moved xy, a new crop object needs to be offset by amount of the move. (Why?)

Solution is to move the source data instead of the site model. This way new crop objects register properly in the crop edit window.

-B

thanks benson,

now I have to figure out why my site model is moving, I don't recall moving them on purpose.

Edit: Ok now I remember the site model was originally made in a different file, copied and pasted in this one. So now the question is how can I get the site model and crop aligned correctly and keeping all the other objects in their correct relative positions?

Edited by steve s

Just guessing what might work. So test on a duplicate file:

In the Crop Edit window, draw a line between corresponding points on the new crop and old crop locations. Use the start and end points of the line to guide a Move by Points (zero dupes) for each selection of objects.

Cut/Copy the line, close the crop edit, then Paste in Place the line for each container of objects needing relocate (Source data? layer full of objects? site mods? etc).

I think start with the Site Model source objects. Not sure what will happen to site mods, crop, etc. Move all objects in each container as needed. Some may need move in opposite direction. Or maybe most will end up where they are supposed to. Dunno.

When all is aligned, Start over with relocating the Site Model through the Edit Source Data window.

Another thought:

Remake the site model and add the extra stuff to it.

In the Edit Source Data window, Select All, Copy.

Exit the window, paste the source objects where you want them, and create a new site model from the data. Then Copy/Paste or Move By Points the Crop, Site Mods, etc. from old model to new. Delete the original Site Model.

It will be a pain no matter what. Good luck.

Also, sympathy! This shouldn't happen. We should be able to drag a site model around on a layer without the crop or other stuff going wonky.

-B

-B

This is all mixed up. It's even possible that my idea won't work at all, or that your dtm was moved several times so crop offsets will be really messy.

but

I think once you return the source data to its original position (you already did that), you then need to delete (cut to clipboard) the crop, then re crop with the same shape but in the new location. So if the source data is in the original position, new crop objects should align as expected.

Any one else out there have experience with this?

-B

this is so strange...I delete the crop, close and reopen and the crop returns. I delete the crop, draw a new one, close and reopen, it is offset like the previous one. It is seemingly impossible to fix a DTM if its moved, is this true? I never knew the crop would be so significant.

I will have to go back to the original DTM in another drawing and start form there .

This sure is frustrating, even the original DTM's crop is slightly offset, but not a big problem, I guess I may have accidentally moved the DTM.