UNCONTROLLABLE RE-RENDERING!

simbob

Does anyone know why VW would keep re-rendering? I wait 30-45 mins for a final render and then when finished it begins again automatically, it did this 3 times in a row this morning (before i cancelled it) and i don't know why.

Would it be something to do with the display sleeping and what key is used to wake it?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you're in the design layer, I have on occasion seen operations like Duplicate Array or anything that performs a series of events in a row sometimes trigger a re-render after each portion, which is not intended.

Does it happen in any file or a particular one? Does it keep happening after a full reboot of the machine then returning to the same file?

• 4 weeks later...

This happens to my render files almost constantly, if the "Escape" key would work, it would help a lot (I understand that it is being worked on by the engineers, so hopefully will be resolved soon). I don't have to do anything but move my curser and it renders, and most of the time I can not cancel it.

If you are in a DL and you've selected a Renderworks rendering mode other than Wireframe or OpenGL, you're basically forcing it to restart the rendering every time you touch the mouse or any key.

The only way to stop the cycle, as you've discovered, is to hit the Escape key and choose Wireframe or OpenGL.

In my opinion, the only rendering modes that should be used on a DL are Wireframe or OpenGL.

As the others have recommended, make Sheet Layer VPs and do your renderings there, where they can be controlled predictably.