Spell Check in General Notes?

is there a way to spell check in general notes, if I highlight some notes and run the spell check command it looks like it does, but upon further inspection it doesn't really...

seems kind of silly if you can't... like having a passenger eject button on a car that doesn't run... whats the point!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It currently only works on Text objects that I am aware of. Ungrouping Callouts and breaking things apart into Text objects will let them be checked, but that's no good.

Adding this thread to the existing enhancement request.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes this is a problem we face also.  We actually have to keep a totally separate word document with our full text in it so that we can check spelling and grammar and then copy and past into the database.  It really does limit the use of the database tool.  Also the database tool is tricky with spacing of text also.  It seems like one of the weakest tools currently so I guess that is one of the reasons its not used, plus its got that tendency to link to the user copy of individual users database ratehr than an office wide database which also kind of makes it redundant.