Strange crash with filled extrude-along-path object

I just caused a crash of VW 10.1 that required me to force-quit using Task Manager. After restarting the program, all of my palettes were undocked. Restarting the computer did not cure the situation, I had to reconstruct all docking.

The program froze while attempting to render a model (OpenGL mode), to which I had just added an "extrude along path" object. There were no warnings or advisories, the hourglass just persisted for several minutes in a model view that had been taking less than 5 seconds to render before adding this one object. If I render this object with no fill, I do not get a problem. If it is filled, the program hangs (apparently interminably). If I convert this object to 3D polys, rendering causes no problem with the polys filled or not.

Any comments or suggestions? Seems like a bug to me. BTW, with version 10.1 docking palettes under each other is a breeze. Thanks for that fix!

VWA 10.1

WinXP

P4 G2.2

768 MB RAM

[ 03-02-2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]