PC Freezes when editing image texture vw 8.5

When I try to edit a texture of image type and try to choose an image the Open file window opens but my pc freezes and I have to shut down with ctrl-alt-delete and restart. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Vectorworks but the problem persists. This does not happen with any other software. I'm using a windows 98 pc.

You probably need to update the Video Driver.

To find the manuf. and model of the video card, go to the desktop. Right click on the desktop and select properties.

Click on the Settings Tab.

Then click on the Advanced button.

In the next dialog box, you should have a manuf. and model video card.

Go to the manuf. website and search for your model. Check the version you have installed on you computer and see if the one on the manuf. website it more recent (higher number).

If so, you will need to download this update and install it.

Restart the computer and try to edit a texture.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

You probably need to update the Video Driver.

To find the manuf. and model of the video card, go to the desktop. Right click on the desktop and select properties.

Click on the Settings Tab.

Then click on the Advanced button.

In the next dialog box, you should have a manuf. and model video card.

Go to the manuf. website and search for your model. Check the version you have installed on you computer and see if the one on the manuf. website it more recent (higher number).

If so, you will need to download this update and install it.

Restart the computer and try to edit a texture.

WIll check on the driver. However I've been able to edit these textures before. The problem seems to have ended when I removed some large memory textures, but I had edited these in the past as well.