Convert Bitmap to ImageProp within VectoWorks

Hi -

So there are several great images as symbols that ship with VectoWorks - such as the Entourage Figures.

Is there a way to convert these to Image Props within VectoWorks?

This would also work with copy/pasted images from the web; such that you did not have to save them to disk first (faster :)

Thank you

ethan

Much of the items are already image props.

VW libraries/image props/Props Hi-Res and drag them onto your drawing and tick auto-rotate and crossed planes.

You can also create your own by selecting an image for the net that has a constant colour background. Go create image prop and select image then select create mask use mask and select same image and select transparent colour. Adjust till you get a good contrast then ok and you got a prop. Also select auto rotate and crossed planes.

HTH

Unless I am missing something the min to create an image prop in a VW drawings is 6 clicks and I don't see how you can speed up the work flow as you still need to decide if you want a transparent IP or rotated to viewer, or crossed plane so it appears 3d so it depends on what you want to use it for.

I counted all the clicks including the menu bar to get to the Create IP to final.

I am interested as always in new solutions.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

I'm trying to save the clicks and menus when coming from the web.

I have to

1- Browse the image

2- Save the image

3- import the image within image prop tool

4- settings of imageprop

I would like to

drag-drop image into file

convert-to-imageprop

settings of imageprop

e

• 4 years later...