How to edit sections manually? Converting plane screen to line drawing?

Hi -

I have created elevations and sections from a model, and in general it works fine. But I want to fine tune and tweak and add and edit here and there in the viewport/2D view since I often do not like the looks of the elevation created from the model.

Can I convert the plane screen I see on the view port to a line drawing which can be simply edited ( I believe Revit does this)

It takes up so much time to model every tiny little detail when I just want to add/remove some sketchy lines to an elevation view.

Any hint appreciated. i was searching the forum and the web up and down for a solution, but can't find any.

Thank you,

Brigitte

Renderworks 2015 SP2

The normal thing is to annotate the viewport. A white line makes a nice eraser ;)

I do a hybrid approach.

I create a section viewport on a design layer. I then draw on that, much like annotations. But this lets me use 3D symbols, PDF files and all sorts of odd things to get my section the way I want it.

All that gets a sheet layer viewport for the final print. Note that updating gets a bit odd, with the stacked viewports. Just remember to make sure it's right before you print.

Hi RickR -

Thanks for your help. And yes, I have done the white lines...too often.

I will try your hybrid approach.

In the meantime I figured the convert to lines option under modify. This converts the viewport to lines, very simple and easy. Of course this is the end of using 3D symbols etc, and I will use it only when there will be no design changes anymore (ha, ha, this never happens) and for very specific applications.

Thanks again,

Brigitte

Hi,

if you set all your pen weights first you can get a nice clean 3d rendering and you don't need to convert but only work over it a bit in annotations.

The following series of images shows the light penweights for the window components and the next the walls and the result.

Also one shows the annotation work which is little.

These are for Council so they needed to be hidden line.

HTH

Annotations.JPG

Full_update_of_model.JPG

Pen_settings_for_windows.JPG

Wall_settings.JPG

View.JPG

• 4 weeks later...