VW10.1 drawing label bug

I updated to VW10.1 yesterday, and opening my files this morning I discover that all my drawing labels are displaying incorrectly. When I click on one, all the settings are correct in the Object Info. I changed a text size field, and the screen regenerated and displayed the drawing label correctly. Saving the file and opening on a computer still running VW10.0, the drawing labels display correctly -- "changed" ones and originals.

VW10.1 Architect with RenderWorks installed running on Mac OS X 10.2.4

Sarah Sarnelli

Jackson & Ryan Architects

Houston, Texas

I'm having a similar problem with both callouts and dimensions.

I've been using Adobe TektonMM and Tekton Pro fonts. Since OSX I have had problems with TektoMM so I have been substituting Tekton Pro. Something to do with Object type versus Multiple Master type.

The Tekton Pro font sits higher than the MM font so any section/elevation notes that have text above and below a line are not equally spaced with the line so I us MM fonts instead.

Anytime I use the MM font for text it ends up a very bold face that is not even on my list of available fonts. I then change it to TektoMM, but if I alter the text it changes back to the bold font again.

Since updating to 10.1 the TektoMM works fine in dimensions and callouts, but still acts up as text. Now the Tekton Pro font works OK as text but when used in dimensions and calloouts I can't change the size of the font.

Please advise, I've been using TektoMM fonts with MiniCad and Vectorworks for years. It is very time consuming and irritating to work around this problem.

There are a number of issues with MM fonts under OS 10 period.

OS 10.2.4 seems to work thru most of these issues, although there are still some known problems with them.

MM Fonts are not optimized to work with OS 10 and are probably going to be weeded out in the future.

First, Katie I am sending you a file which I have not yet fixed. It could be a combination of drawing label selections (we use config 7 with 24 pt title, 60pt bubble, and 10pt scale; I have custom scales in these files).

Second, rosebud, you need to run Font Doctor on your fonts. We have some MM fonts that we have gotten to work by running Font Doctor. I believe Katie, though, that these fonts are about to die on the Mac. The only MM font we have left is Graphite, and we discourage its use now.

Sarah Sarnelli

Jackson & Ryan Architects

Houston, Texas

What is different about the drawing label when opened in VW 10.1 ?

I just tried placing a drawing label with a rounded rectangle, drawing title and scale in VW 10.0.0 and VW 10.0.1.

When I opened both in VW 10.1, they display just fine.

Do you have the labels rotated or anything like that?

I'd like a file so I can see what the exact problem looks like in VW 10.1. I am probably missing something along the way in my trial.

Katie,

The problem manifests itself with extremely large type (such that a typical title is larger than a size D sheet)?even though the size noted in the Info Palette is, say 10 pt. I typically use Gil Sans, an Adobe Postscript font and OS 9.2.2 running Font Reserve 3.0.1.

Katie,

I think the problem manifests itself when you have multiple scales, try a file with a 1 to 1 layer and a 1/4" Layer. I had this problem when upgrading, and I've had this problem with my own plugins, basically when a plug in that is dependant on the layer scale to generate its size is edited in a drawing with multiple scales VW will redraw some of the plugins incorrectly on some layers depending on the scale, the fix is to simply select the plug in objects and force VW to redraw the plugin (by selecting the text size for example)

Something must have been changed in the drawing label tool in the last upgrade, fortunately this is easily fixed.

This is a known bug with PIO's (at least I hope NNA is aware of it). It has nothing to do with fonts, but everything to do with layer scale issues. I find the incorrect text size to be a persistent problem. I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed in VW10.

As it is, I hate this. Too often, I'm in a hurry when plotting out files for clients that are expected in 5 minutes, only to find that I didn't run the regen pio's before plotting.

For my sanity, and to save the environment, please NNA, fix this!

Having similar problems with text sizes in a file with different layer scales. I had interpreted the problem to be a bug that affected the default text size setting. When I enter text in a layer set to 1 1/2" scale, the text is way small. When I reset my text default (10 pt in my case), the text enters correctly. I have to do this resetting of the text default size every time I work on the document.

VWA 10.1

Win 2K/XP

P4 2G

[ 03-08-2003, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]

I apologize for not commenting on this post earlier.

As soon as I got the file from Sarah (thank you very much), I was able to figure out the conditions in which the text was altered.

We have buglisted this issue and the engineering staff is working on addressing it for a future version.