Sign in to follow this  
deliamicaela

How to model Interior wall tile?

Is there any easy way to 3d model wall tile? Do you have to make a completely separate wall and type or is there a paint and split surface tool I'm not seeing?

How can I apply that to a portion of a wall surface? If your familiar with revit I'm looking for something similar to a split surface and paint tool where I can essentially just paint it on to the gyp. I tried applying a pattern to a 3d polygon along the wall surface but it doesn't seem to show up.

The 3d poly is good. Another way is to add a component to the interior face of the wall object. Thickness = tile + setting bed + any backer applied to the adjacent surface. Adjust the top & bot offsets of the new component as needed to position the component. Create a class and assign it to the component. In the Class Texture settings, use the Other Tab, not the Wall tab.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=12167&filename=WallComponent.png

Edited by Benson Shaw

Benson's suggestion using Wall Components is the way to go. This way any editing/changes to the wall will be reflected in the tile. Also any doors or windows that cut the wall will cut the tile automatically.