Vectorworks 2015 - section viewport issue

tinwid

Hello everyone

I'm using Vectorworks 2015 at university. I have created a site model and then I referenced a housing model using viewports. Now when I'm trying to create a section viewport that cuts through both the site and the model appears empty - a rectangle with a red cross in it. I have checked the visibility of the layers/classes and the 'save viewport cache' function is turned on. Does anyone know what can be an issue ? It worked perfectly fine at the beginning with a first model though. I saved the model under a different name with a few changes and referenced it back - the same way as the previous one.

I'm using MacBook Pro 13, mid 2014 - the basic version

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks guys

Ok You have changed the reference name then the computer cant find it, so you have to go to and re-link the reference. Go to the Organization Pallet and Reference and edit and browse to the new file and it will re-link.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell

The red border signifies that the VP (or Site Model) needs to be Updated. Select it and click the Update button in the Object Info Palette.

Also, check to make sure that all elevation (Z heights) are set properly in both the Site Model and the referenced file. In other words, make sure that the elevation of the houses will properly coincide with the elevation of the Site Model.

The rectangle with the red cross means that VW can't find anything to display in the viewport.

Are you sure that you're checking the layer and class visibility associated with the viewport rather than with the overall design layers of the document? You find these settings in the Object Info Palette when the Section Viewport is selected. (See attached image)

Are you objected within symbols? Are the classes for both the objects in the symbol and the symbol itself turned on?

With a site model its possible to break down the various parts into different classes. Are you sure all of the appropriate classes plus the container class (i.e.. the one holding the model itself) are all turned on? With the site model selected you can click on Site Model Settings in the OIP and then Graphic Properties in the bottom left of the dialog that comes up to see the classing.

If you're referencing, are the appropriate layers and classes turned on for both the reference viewport and the section viewport?

Kevin

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=12159&filename=Screen%20Shot%202015-04-24%20at%207.00.38%20AM.png

Edited by Kevin McAllister