Property Line tool improvement

Dexie

Question

I use the property line to produce land use budgets for Master Plans.

It would be useful if the Number field could become a calculation field in which the Area Units (hectares) could be multiplied by a number (housing density, say 30) to display the total number of dwellings in a given area.

In other words have the same functionality of a database field in a worksheet.

Also the Area units always display hectares in full an abbreviation option to (ha) would be fantastic.

2 answers to this question

Dexie,

See the file attached. It's where those two lovely properties lay, so close, yet so far away.

If you were doing this at the spreadsheet level in Vectorworks you'd be able to throw a value() around it and you'd be sweet, similarly with the custom dimension tails you could pop on your ha.

But as you require the label front and plugin wise though I don't know. I think you'll probably run into someone who uses the number field in it's text format for notes. If you're really keen you could write a script to update these text fields and write pretty things but it's really a time vs necessity thing.

J