problem with dimensions

I do a lot of drawings where I show view ports in plan view, front, side, etc. I make dimensions solid to the text is on top of the line. This is fine in plan view, but if I go to any other view the text appears to have no fill, it has the line through the text so you can't read it. It's driving me crazy. I end up doing my dimensions on top of my view ports and manually typing in the dimensions, a very boring fix!

Can anyone help?

Edited by Steve Dubai

Hi Joerg, thanks for the tip, if I add dimensions in viewport annotations the text fills over the dimension line, this fixes most of my problems.

I still have a problem though if I use a custom 3D viewport, adding dimensions in annotations doesn't work on a custom 3D viewport.

Thanks JimW, I still have the same problem in hidden line render, however I do get the text fill if I render in renderworks, but for the type of stuff I'm doing I rarely need or want to render in renderworks.

Edited by Steve Dubai

Attached image shows dimension in straight views and iso and all look the same, do you get this all consistent except for them flipped the wrong way.

This is all done in the design layer and these are viewports

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Hi Alan.

You attachment is exactly the same as how I normally do dimensions, with the view ports, the only difference is I prefer to have 0 offset on the text.

I'm sure in your example if you put all the text offsets to 0, the plan view will look OK, you can fill the text, but all the other views you can't fill the text.