Viewing 2 drawings at once

Alan, while it's true that you cannot have more than one "active" VW document at a time, you can still have multiple files open. In order to see two (or more) documents at the same time, try resizing each document such that they will fit next to each other on your display. Of course the workability of this method will be directly effected by the size of your display.

LOL,

Of course, now why didn't I think of that. I have 2 screens so now I have VW across both screens and 2 files one on each Screen.

Wonderful.

Thankyou,

I don't mind asking asking a dumb question, someone always has the answer.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 2 years later...

I'm using Vectorworks 2016 but can't have two drawings open at once like I've been able to do for the past 15 years of using this software. If I do what it's suggested the second drawing I open takes the place of the first one on the screen and the first one closes. I have two screens and before was able to have multiple drawings open at the same time on both screens though like you said only one was the active drawing.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
7 minutes ago, solmos said:

I'm using Vectorworks 2016 but can't have two drawings open at once like I've been able to do for the past 15 years of using this software. If I do what it's suggested the second drawing I open takes the place of the first one on the screen and the first one closes. I have two screens and before was able to have multiple drawings open at the same time on both screens though like you said only one was the active drawing.

Go to Window > Palette Options and disable "Palettes can dock with document window"

JimW.

Tried it and got the following message

This menu command is not authorized for use in this product.

This menu command can only be used in one of the following products:

Architect, Spotlight, Designer, Renderworks. For more information please

contact your Vectorworks dealer.

You don't want to know what I'm thinking right now >: I

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That shouldn't be the case, Fundamentals is allowed to do docking. However, which service pack of Vectorworks 2016 do you have? There were workspace bugs related to that in the initial release that i'm fairly certain were fixed by the time SP3 came around.

If you're already on the latest service pack, this can be corrected by removing the command from the menu via the workspace editor and then adding it back.