Classes Not Scrolling

VincentCuclair

Question

OK this is new, started working on a Windows 7 machine and I can't mouse wheel scroll the classes pull down list ie. when I want to change the active class and/or when I want to change a selected objects class in the OIP. (Only the little arrows at the top and bottom work....)

Any ideas?

Edited by Vincent C

Perhaps put it in the fly-out menu of the OIP, similar to the navigation palette?

It's more a matter of user interface consistency for those of us who do switch between the two display options from time to time.

The non-hierarchical display in the navigation palette is really useful to get a quick overview of subclasses to see if another (sub-)class needs to be added for new items or to be moved items or not. There are times where this would apply to the OIP as well instead of having to scout each dwgx-yyyy-zzzz subclass from every dwgx imported class.

Even though I do prefer the hierarchical display in the OIP, it would be helpful to be able to switch more easily than it is now. Or could it be scripted, and if yes, how?

Yes. VW2018 is probably going to be remembered as one of the buggier releases despite the improvements over VW2017. Fortunately most bugs don't impact me in an extremely negative way, though they can still be (quite) annoying, so overall I'm reasonably happy with VW2018 except for the almost killing speed/lag/delay issue that will hopefully be fixed in SP3.

Update: this is still a problem in VW2018 SP3, this is absurd. Like I'd said earlier - brand new Windows 10 machine, clean install of VW18, no reason it shouldn't work...

Hierarchical display doesn't help when I still need to scroll through the whole hierarchy, and it's a shared drawing so I can't exactly just change it to work around this ridiculous bug.

Same drawing can scroll fine on Mac.

So it sounds like this is a confirmed bug, according to Service Select support it's something that Engineering is 'working on'....no further information provided....

In the mean time it's still incredibly frustrating since I'm trying to work on a number of very class-dense drawings this week....anyone found a work-around?

Clean install of VW2018 SP4, brand-new machine, Windows 10 Home with latest updates, i7-7700, 32GB RAM, GTX 1070 8GB....