Dashed hidden line render does not work

MHBrown

I have a model in VW2013. It renders as a dashed hidden line just fine in the 3D modeling window, but when I create a view port and select dashed hidden line in the Object Info box it fails. It creates gray lines, but they are not dashed. The same is true with the Convert to Lines command. If I choose to convert as a Dashed Hidden Line it fails. The lines that should be dashed are grey, but solid. I tried it on a brand new document and a simple rectangular solid and the same thing happened. I've been having a ton of problems with VW lately. Any ideas about this one? I have not changed anything in any prefs file anywhere at any time regarding dashed lines. Besides, even if I did the model wouldn't work correctly.

MH

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you zoom way in on the greyed lines on the sheet layer, are they actually grey or just showing grey because the dashes are tiny? Whats the scale on the viewports?

If you select a dramatically different scale and rerender, do the supposed-to-be-dashed lines appear differently?

Hi, Alan,

I don't really understand what you are saying. There is nothing in the Advanced Properties panel that would over-ride a dashed line to make it solid. I'm attaching a screen shot of what I see (ignore the "command-X" since VW does that to windows when making a screen shot.) What are you suggesting I change?

MH [img:left][/img]

Hi,

The line type scale see my screen shot. Try adjusting it below 1 say 0.5 and play with a few maybe .2 etc, this will make the dashed lines different length by changing the number.

This is only for the 3d lines at the back of the solid object.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Thanks, Alan, but that does nothing. I put everything from .7 down to .001 and have the Zoom Line Thickness on. The lines do not become dashed. I think this is a case of VW being corrupted and needing a re-install. That may explain the other odd problems. I appreciate your help on this.