Perspective view crop

Hi

I'm having some challenges with a file. Every time I go from top plan to flyover or 3d mode the perspective view is cropped. I go and un-crop this but when I return to top plan and then the fly over mode again it's cropped again. I can't find a setting for this although it must exist as it does not happen in all my files. Any help is appreciated

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Its document specific, once you fix it on one file it will stay corrected.

File > Document Settings > Document Preferences > > Display > Cropped Perspective.

It will happen on files that were created before cropped view became a document specific setting rather than an application setting.

Edited by JimW
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Are you using saved views to navigate? they may be keeping your view settings. Also, if you just mean that perspective returns in addition to the cropping, thats under Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > 3D, you can change the default projection to Orthogonal if needed and I misunderstood the original question.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Came here because I was looking if this was something I could toggle in quick prefs. I used to use it when I first started VWX and was wondering where it ended up. 

Ah it's moved. You have to enable Legacy 2D and then it will appear and then you can toggle it on or off. It gives you a warning that things might not work right. And well:

image.thumb.png.a8b280873f38bb5a52a5638e75ca5d03.png

It works:

image.thumb.png.38579270139c1ed97b1f180e4ce49a9b.png

In a QA bug that should surprise no one, you need to deactivate Perspective Crop before you disable Legacy 2D or you'll have no way to turn it off. 

To turn on Perspective Crop in VWX 2022:

1. Turn on legacy 2D in Document Prefs-->Legacy 2D
  2. Heed the warning
  3. Close the window
  4. Turn on perspective crop in Document Prefs-->Display

To turn off Perspective CROP in VWX 2022 (you have to do it in this order):

1. Turn off perspective crop
  2. Close the window.
  3. Turn off Legacy 2D

image.png

image.png

• 1 year later...