Dongle Options - Save As...

James Russell

Question

So I'm going to have a grumble about this one.

I have a dongle license of VW 2014/15. That's not the problem, I quite like it actually, it allows me to move between my PC, iMac and MacBook Pro when I choose without the whole you forgot to log out of one of these serials.

The issue I do have is this:

I leave the house to jump on a 1 hour train commute to work in the city. 90% of the time I'm going to be playing with VW in some form. I'll open a document, do some things within it and then a situation will occur (my station will appear, or I'll stand for an old lady or take a phonecall). I'll close my laptop and go about my business.

The ISSUE is that when I reopen my laptop (and I will have removed the dongle for transport safety) I immediately only get two options: Save or Cancel.

What if I want to do neither?

I want two more options, Save As... and Retry.

If I've opened a file and made some changes I don't want to overwrite the previous one, but I do want to keep the new one. I can't.

Save as to keep and close files, retry to keep working when your dongle is back in.

Please.

J

Edited by James Russell

2 answers to this question