floor framer help

I need help. I'm trying to understand how to frame a floor. I draw a slab object, then go thru the menu AEC>Framing>Create Joists from Poly, and pick all the joist parameters. At the very end, after clicking 'OK' the VW help manual says to pick two points to align the joists in the direction I wish. However, in the upper left corner of the main VW window, it says "click to select a point". As soon as I make one mouse click, it automatically draws the joists with orientation from left to right on my screen. It doesn't matter where I pick the point, nor does it matter what the shape of the slab is. It always draws the joists horizontally (in plan view) on my screen. But obviously, sometimes I want to draw the joists in the up-down orientation on my screen. What am i doing wrong ? Why can't I get the option to pick the orientation by selecting two points ?

I have the most recent VW update for VW 2015 Designer.

Guest Wes Gardner

Hey,

The way I teach it is once you've made all your choices regarding what size/type/color/texture for the framing members, go ahead and click OK. You then left click ONCE anywhere in "white space" to set the start position of the orientation line, you can then pull out a "rubber-band line" from that start position some distance (doesn't matter how far), then click again to finish.

Let us know if you're still having difficulties.

Wes

Thanks ... it worked, but I'm not sure why. I did the same things I did before. I think that rebooting the computer probably must have reset something. Interestingly, the video shows a dialog box that instructs the user to click on two points to establish the direction. I do not receive any such dialog box. Anyway, problem solved ... thanks.

Guest Wes Gardner

Good eye there, mate! Apparently in past versions there WAS a dialog that suggested you pick two points, etc. Now all there is is some text up in the top left that asks you to pick the two points...