New Classes

Hi Katie

Yes but this is when I have my Sheets already set up, and perhaps I'm making changes and alterations later in a drawing life. I could Add New Sheet to replace the old one every time I add a new class - but that's as much a pain as going to Edit Sheet and turning the new class to visable. So, can I make new classes default to visable in exiting sheets?

Or am I missing something here??

This is normal behavior, but if you have a lot of saved views/sheets, it can be tedious to update them all. I have suggested elsewhere that a utility to make this easier would be great to have. In the meantime, I have discovered that if you edit the sheet setups via the RESOURCES dialog box, it can go a lot faster. Open the resources for your document, then open the saved sheets. You will see list of all sheets/views. Right click on each of them to edit. The list persists, so you can go down the list one by one and not lose track of where you have made changes and where you haven't, plus you don't have to reopen the edit dialog box for each sheet you want to change.

Thanks all for input, but I think a point is being missed.

I work with Sheets from early in a project as many layers & classes can get built up on complex jobs. I know about editing and saving sheets, but as PR says it's a pain to keep going back and saving and editing them every time a new class is made, which can happen a lot (PS thanks for Resource browser tip).

As the majority of the time when I create a new class I want it to be visible (or is it just me?), couldn't the default be switched from IN-visible to Visible, or even better have the option to choose.

Does this make sense [Confused]

Either way, one has to edit preset views after adding classes or layers. What if you could set the default so that new classes would be visible, you would still have to edit some sheets to not see the new class. I can't see that you would have every class visible for every preset, that would be chaos.

What would be nice to have is to edit presets in a dialog box much like classes and layers, instead of going to the little button after each preset edit.