plant assignments

dennisp

Guest Frank Brault

Hi dennisp,

You can create custom entries in the Project Plant List that have specific symbol assignments for use with the Place Plant Tool in VectorWorks Landmark.

There are 2 steps to this process: First, create or load the desired symbols in the VL_Resources file and attach a plant record to each added symbol. Second, while you are in the VL_Resources file, run the Plant Manager to create new Project Plant List entry and assign a symbol to it from the list of symbols that you added to the VL_Resources file.

The detailed instructions are in the Landmark manual on page 5-11.

hth,

Frank BraultNemetschek, N.A.

I was able to assign plant symbols through the projcet plant list, thank you, however when I call them back up the assignment is lost. I want to use the same symbols from one design to the next. I do not want to assign symbols for every project. Will Landmark do that for me?

Also, every time I hit assign in plant manager it closes down and I need to reopen it for the next plant assignment. Is this necessary?

Guest Frank Brault

Hi dennisp,

quote:

I was able to assign plant symbols through the projcet plant list, thank you, however when I call them back up the assignment is lost. I want to use the same symbols from one design to the next. I do not want to assign symbols for every project. Will Landmark do that for me?

Yes, you don't have to assign symbols to the Project Plant List more than once. If you assign them with the VL_Resources file active, then they will 'stick'.

quote:

Also, every time I hit assign in plant manager it closes down and I need to reopen it for the next plant assignment. Is this necessary?

Unfortunately, you need to run the Plant Manager dialog each time that you want to assign a species to a selection.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Frank Brault ]

Ok, I finally was able to "stick" the plant assignments in the project plant list. Not quite as easy as you indicated. Now I am assuming that I can use the assigned symbols from one design to the next, correct?

If I can learn this program, I think I'm going to love it.

I am preparing to upgrade to the newest version of Windows, will that be a problem with VL?

dennisp