Tabbing thru OIP

Alright this is a bit nit-picking at this point probably but, in the old 2014 VW I was somehow able to tab through fields within the OIP. Meaning I was able to to tab between "record format" "record field defaults" and "record info" sections easily. This came in handy especially when entering information to different record fields for the same symbol(s). Feel like I'm missing something but don't know what... any help is appreciated.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not a nitpick at all, I have had other users mention this as well. However it doesn't seem to be a consistent issue, with various machines here exhibiting the problem while others do not.

It popped up here recently:

https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=204152

I have submitted a bug on it with the current info.

Is it still true that on Windows (at least Windows 7) the pulldown menus are included when tabbing through the OIP, while on Mac (at least on 10.8) they are not?

Confirmed here on Windows 8.1 compared to Os X 10.10 as well, Mac side doesn't tab into the dropdowns at all, skips right to the text fields only.

Edited by JimW

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't possible, just that I was seeing the issue on the Mac side in multiple versions of Vectorworks. In C4D and other cross platform applications tabbing lets you get to dropdowns and data entry fields on both Mac and Windows consistently.

• 3 months later...

That'll do it, nice! Thank you for reporting back.

On OS X 10.10 the path to the preference is slightly different, for anyone else who comes across this:

System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Full Keyboard Access radial button set to All Controls