Duplicate Information?

Over the years, I have often found I have duplicate objects created one over another in my drawings. (I click to delete and another one or two is right below it)

Someone suggested that grouping and ungrouping can cause those objects (if grouped from multiple classes) to show up in the class open when grouped. Would that do it? If not, what other causes might there be?

In a recent drawing, I also found that it created two more complete set of layers to my standard system (such as ILLUSTRATION-2, GRADING-2) etc., which I had never seen before. I did have a reference dwg from the developer, which is the only difference I can see.

Any help in reducing duplicate and repetitive objects is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have the same issue, either self inflicted or imported. I have tried writing a script that will select the top object (duplicates are stacked front to back) so I can delete that duplicate and repeat if necessary. Being not very script savvy, can one be written to do this? If so please prepare one share for all of us who can use it.

Thanks,

MJA Dezynz

I have the same issue, either self inflicted or imported. I have tried writing a script that will select the top object (duplicates are stacked front to back) so I can delete that duplicate and repeat if necessary. Being not very script savvy, can one be written to do this? If so please prepare one share for all of us who can use it.

Thanks,

MJA Dezynz

From one of the other multiple threads about this topic, a 'delete duplicates' script could be written, but it sounds like it would not be a simple thing:

deleting duplicate objects

A much simpler option would be to buy the 'Optimize Drawing' plugin (available for €30) from Vectorbits.org.

Optimize Drawing : Vectorbits.org

Edited by rDesign