Sign in to follow this  
jfmarch

Structural Grid/Bubble tool

I recall a tool for setting a structural grid w/bubble ID's. Is it still around, and if so, where is it? Thanks

Jim,

Are you talking about the Number Stamp tool ?

What version do you remember this tool being in?

Katie

It's called the grid bubble tool in VWA10, and can be found in the vectorworks architect tool palette

Katie- The last time I saw it was prior to VW 9. As I said, I only used it once a long time ago. Its not the number stamp tool. It actually had a dialog box that asked you X and Y dimensions for the grid, how many "bays", and which way the numbering was to go.

Zero- Do you know where to tool is in VW 9.5?

In VW 10 it's in the 2d tools palette with the dimensions.

I don't see it at all in VW 9. I looked in VW 8 although I don't have Architect 101 installed, and don't see it there.

Katie,

I can't find anything like that in the 2D Tools palette of VW 10, nor in the Dimensioning palette, and not even in the full list of tools in the Workspace Editor. Can you give us the name of the tool?

VW 9 Architect has the Bubble Diagram command under the Design menu in the Architect Workspace

VW 10 replaced the Bubble Diagram command with Space Objects and Space Link Objects.

Katie,

I'm actually looking for the tool that setup a structural grid with little circles for reference numbers/letters for column locations. I should not have used the term bubble. I think it used to be an idon in one of the tool pallettes....(?)

It's called the Grid Bubble tool. It's only available in the Architect workspace.

Katie- Is the "Grid Bubble" tool available in 9.5.3? I opened my Architect workspace and can't find it where I would think it would be. What pallette is it in? and what is the plug-in called? thanks

As stated earlier, it's not in VW 9.x Architect or anything.

If you've seen this in a previous version, please let me knwo what version so I can further examine the issue.

I looked in VW 8 and didn't see it there either.