Sign in to follow this  
Uli

Scale Objects

"If specifying the scale factor with the Symmetric by Distance option, click the button to switch temporarily to the drawing. Click to indicate the start of the segment, move the mouse, and click to indicate the end of the segment. You are returned to the Scale Objects dialog box, and the Current Distance value has been specified. Enter the New Distance for the Segment."

Is it possible to indicate the start and end of an existing segment instead of entering a new distance? Would be much quicker.

Thanks for any hint

Uli

Yes,

In the scale Objects dialogue click on the arrows to the right of the current distance box then go to drawing and click the first then last point, they you will be back at the dialogue box then type in the new distance and the object will scale. This takes the guess work out of scaling.

Hope this is what you were after.

Hi Alan777,

thanks for your reply.

I know about the way you describe but I don't want to type in any distance. I want to get the start and endpoint of an existing object or any other existing distance as a reference for scaling.

Best regards

Uli

Edited by Uli