Animation Works and the illusion of water

Hi,

Hadn't realized that Vectorworks does not always ship with renderworks so i have added a link to the animation for water produced in Animation works. You can make doors open and fans spin, such a great thing for movies and walkthrough.

All the best.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Nice! Here's an example I created with AnimationWorks several years ago showing an animated waterwall. It was created by using several stacked panels (above the waterwall) that drop down one after another with a water texture applied.

Hi Alan,

I used moving objects in AnimationWorks. In the model, there's a planter just above the water feature. I placed maybe 30 moving objects made up of one thin extrude all in the same location hidden in the planter. The extrudes were the full width of the water feature and maybe 24" tall. I had the objects drop from the planter one by one (like a garage overhead door). LOTs of experimenting, but it worked very well.

Alan,

The key is to map the water texture on the panels so that they tile seamlessly tile between panels. I should also mention that Julian Carr came up with the "falling panels" idea.

PS: I'm glad you're enjoying CameraMatch! If you even have any questions, let me know.

Best,

Matt

• 2 months later...