Printing light from Vectorworks

deliamicaela

Question

When I print or publish to a full scale pdf, and then print to my printer I get crisp lines and dark colors.

When I publish or print directly to my printer through Vectorworks at 11 x17 scale I get pixilated and very light almost transparent line work.

See picture attached.

Please let me know if anyone can help with this issue, since printing to a pdf and then to the printer takes much longer (almost an hour) due to large file sizes.

Thanks in Advance.

3 answers to this question

UPDATE (sort of):

So I have narrowed it down to line weights. (Revit has an attribute called scale line weights that helps with this type of issue.) So my hypothesis is when I print to half size it scales down my line weights to 1/2 the value.

Now I have it so that the outlines of the buildings show up but my hatches are still transparent. I think because of the line weights within my hatch components so I upped those line weights from the default .03 or .05 to .18 and updated the references but that didn't work… I'm just worried I'm getting myself into an unreconcilable mess where now when I print full size my line weights are too thick.

What line weight scale are your 3d hatches drawn to? Also when creating walls the wall components default to different layers so I updated all the layers to have thicker lines .35 or .25.

Anyone with any insite on this would be helpful.