Save an Un-styled Wall as a Wall Style

Jim

There may be a better way, but this is how I do it:

Assuming you have multiple kinds of unstyled walls:

Right click on an unstyled wall and choose Create Similar Object. (You can also Option-Command click on the wall)

This will set the default wall as that unstyled wall. Then open the wall preferences and save that style.

Repeat for all your unstyled wall types.

You still have to go through the drawing and replace the unstyled walls with styled walls.

hth

mk

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not yet that I know of.

I have submitted a few requests for something similar. When you're in a stage between styled and unstyled walls there are a few situations like that where going back to defaults or saving a customized-but-as-yet-unstyled wall that need UI improvements.

I have been getting really odd results with Walls in the last couple of days.

1- A very basic file few layers & Classes, a Wall with only one Component, no Stories, A Door inserted into a wall for some reason show the outside of the Wall that it should be cutting. It does cut the Wall as the fill is gone, but the outside lines of the Wall remain. This despite the DRAW WALL LINES Check Box being un checked.

2- Windows, where I would like to show the outside of the wall I don't get the option to allow a Wall's Exterior lines to be shown. (This is a Curtain Wall not a window.)

On larger projects I've had to have three walls

1-Curb

2-Curtain Wall

3-Wall Above Curtain Wall

Is that the way around or am I back to "Just fix it in 2D on Annotation"?

• 5 years later...