LED Screen Align & Distribution

Chris -

Use the Regular Polygon tool to create an 18-side "construction" object with that radius. Then, place LED Screen objects around that polygon, aligning each LED Screen instance with the facet angle.

FWIW, I often do that and use ReShaper (http://siriussolutions.net/details%20r13.html) to edit things like facet number or width or over-all radius. An incredibly helpful command for doing things like that...

• 3 weeks later...

Chris -

I see you asked the same question over on Lightnetork and am posting my expanded answer from there here in case others are following this thread.

3 options come to-mind:

1) Duplicate and rotate: Duplicate 1 or more VS4-LED/LED Screen objects in-place and use the rotate tool to rotate the duplicates around a known radius, using points 1, 2, and 3 in the attached graphic.

2) Duplicate Array: Get angle A in the attached graphic (probably, by placing a temporary arc - the green object in the graphic) and run the Duplicate Array... command, using the "Circular Array" Shape, entering "17" for the "Number of Duplicates," and angle "A" for the "Angle Between Duplicates" - making sure you toggle "Rotate Duplicates" on and use the shown circle's center as the rotation center (Next Mouse Click").

3) Polygon (probably only used if you're needing to make a complete circle of LED panels): Place a Regular Polygon and use "Reshaper" to calculate the number of facets that (In your case, 114 facets would give you a 9.073m circle or 113 facets would give you a 8.99m circle). Then, place a VS4-LED/LED Screen object on each facet.

• 1 month later...