_Light On Parameters

So I've been playing with Spotlight LX Renderings for the last little while.

When generating a report or looking at Pat's old (but so still awesome) script in reference to a lighting device there are three fields that come to my attention:

_Light On

_Lit Fog

_Brightness

As one of my most recent challenges in VW I've been working on automation systems for my Third Year Lighting class. A request was to be able to SEE transitions in VW, a challenge that I took on as a personal project over the next few weeks. (Commonly used ESP or WYSIWYG for this with no issue, more of a side request)

These three fields seem crucial to the "Turn On" option relating to Lighting Devices. But upon manual entry into these fields (Via script or worksheet) the results are somewhat locked with no change to the light output.

Can anyone shed some light on this? (Bad pun city)

J

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

These parameters are legacy parameters and maintained for backwards compatibility only. They are hidden from the general user interface and any changes will be overwritten when the object is regenerated.

If you want to see transitions in Vectorworks you can use the animate scenes command.