Really, really tired of RUNTIME ERRORS!

jnr

There are still a few days left of the week.

Keep in mind, we've been under about 30" of snow and most people were not able to make it in until yesterday afternoon or today.

We will have the updaters available as soon as possible.

If you are in a hurry to get the CD, you can have one sent to you.

What are you doing when you get the Run Time Error ?

[ 02-20-2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Regarding runtime errors:

Let me see

9.5.2 errors out when changing line weights or colors (see other posts)(random).

Errors out randomly when rendering in renderworks.

Errors out with walls extending into infinity (see other posts). In addition, you have to replace the entire wall.

This persistent lack of stability does not exactly instill confidence in the program. I can't use version 10 (sitting in a box on my desk) because it crashes when I try to re-script a 9.5.2 file for new sheets in the document set. If this were an isolated case, I could understand, but this also happened with the release of 9. Someone higher up in the food chain needs to seriously re-examine the release policy for the product line, or send each user about $5,000 each with each new release to pay for the lost billable time spent diagnosing program problems which should have been addressed in beta testing or during a more rigorous quality check. It appears, based on discussions I have had with users of competing software, that stability is not an issue. I would gladly pay more, if I were guaranteed the program would not persistently crash.

When are we going to see 10.1?

The Version 9 release was the same way.

It was unusable until the 9.5 update.

I too am having crashing problems. Sometimes runtime errors sometimes the program just goes away.

Stability is a serious issue.

Especially when the the crashing issues happen during printing.

Is 10 supposed to be any better?

[Mad]

Crashing issues durring printing are usually not by fault of VW but rather insufficient memory on the printers end or printer driver issues.

As for crashing when changing the attributes palette, this IS fixed for VW 10.1.

Crashing durring rendering and the wall issue may be file specific. I can take a look at the files in question and see what can be done to remedy the problem.

As for re-scripting sheets -- Do you mean when you run the Create Standard Sheets command under the File menu ?

If you want me to take a look at the other problems (wall and rendering), please email the file(s) to me.

tech@nemetschek.net?subject=ATTN:Katie

for what its worth--

I have version 10 and run it on a 333-256 ram machine and love it. I have no real problems with vectorworks and have nothing but praise for the upgrade-I have been a user since minicad-actually blueprint. I also use autocad 2000i and hate it, what a pain that program is!!

anyway keep up the good work. [smile]

Aloha