The illusion of water. VW Amimation

Hi,

I am still having trouble finding any tutorials for the VW animation but playing around a bit and thinking outside the square the attached files gives the illusion of water moving in a pool, quite cool I thought.

Thought you might be interested.

Open file and just go Model/Animation works and hit ok on the Set animationworks options.

If you have any other tricks i would be interested in hearing about them, even if you think that others would probably know it but at least its out there.

Regards

Edited by Alan777

Alan,

Firstly you're right up my alley. Totally digging the radical thinking you've got going on here. If you've just seen my recent Challenge post then you'll know why!

Moving animation is something I've wanted in vector works for a long time but it's always been an external product's job (Cinema4D primarily).

I love using the animation works package regardless (You'll see the current flythrough on the Youtube channel below is all done in VW, not externally).

What you've done here is the best option. I've tried several other solutions; animated gif inserted as textures, updating frames of movie file via script, even altering a hatch pattern via script to give these illusions.

The end result seems to be do it in C4D. I'm not willing to give up, thus the new challenge series!

I'll keep having a play with this one that you've proposed. Keep in touch, I like your thinking!

Cheers,

J