Stablity Issues w/ VW 2015 SP2

Updating my video card driver seemed to help quite a bit. That cut down my crashes to one or two a day from one every 15mins or so. SP3 seems to be helping too so far. Only one or two crashes since updating.

-CSW

Edited by csousawy

Hi,

Just had an issue with VW2015 crashing instantly when trying to render a viewport on a large file.

Worked well in 2008 but 2015, Bang....

Sent file to VW tech in Australia and after a while sent it to USA and between the 2 they figured out that I had drawn some fences using tapered extrude objects. They suggested I delete them and Bingo, all good. This is because a solid modeling kernel was changed to Parasolid in Vw 2009. This is a much more robust solids engine but it is also more strict in the base geometry it will accept. It doesn't like those tapered extrudes and so fails to section them. Generally speaking, you need to create tapered extrudes from planar 3D polygons, which was not the case here.

So check your files or send off to VW teck. They were amazingly responsive, had a solution in 2 days, saved a lot of time at work and headaches.

• 1 month later...