Colour palette improvment

J. Wallace

Question

12 answers to this question

+1

Bigger with hover would be great!

Or the whole palette opens bigger.

Or other strategy to enlarge those isty bitsy swatches.

Didn't the Windows versions used to have a bigger color palette than the Mac version. I think I saw the bigger WinOS palette as far back as v2009 (was that XP?)

Can anyone verify?

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

VW also needs a Color Picker which produces Html color codes as well as RGB

When picked they should be able to be copied to clip as an option or automatically

When saving Custom Colors they as an option somewhere should be able to be saved to "My Custom Colors" rather than disappearing after a shutdown or reboot which is what I think happens now

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=11852&filename=ColorPicker.JPG

Edited by Ozzie
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What I am taking away from this so far:

1) Ability to view as well as enter colors in RGB, CMYK and HTML. (Does anyone use HSB?)

2) Colors should remain in the same color system they were picked or entered in. At the moment everything in Vectorworks converts to RGB regardless of how you entered it.

3) A larger/more obvious way of viewing the currently selected or hovered-over color, current little swatches are too small especially on higher res monitors.

Currently we use the built in color pickers within the OS, which change slightly or dramatically with each OS version. This also limits its usability compared to programs like Photoshop where the color picker is a major feature.

Does the one below seem far more useful as an example for this improvement? If not, does it have any limitations that you would want addressed as well?

[img:center]https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=11854&filename=colorpicker1.PNG[/img]

Edited by JimW