Line inaccuracy

Hi all!

A frustrating issue has arisen.

I am working on a large project across two offices. I set up a drawing with a structural grid of lines for everyone to work to. One of my colleagues noticed that the lines were not displaying 100% properly on his screen. On investigation he set the accuracy to the maximum number of decimal places and found a 0.000000035 inaccuracy.

I know this sounds pedantic and doesn't matter in terms of real world construction, but is very frustrating in the CAD world.

I drew all of these lines constrained with the shift key and they still were not straight. I have tried drawing rotated, un rotated, in clean files etc and I get this strange inaccuracy creeping in. Not all the time, but say 70% of lines drawn.

My colleagues in the other office do not have the same issue. Is this a known bug? If so how can i fix it?

Thanks

Nick

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you had snap to grid enabled, its possible the snap for that may have caught accidentally when creating them. If you draw a perfectly straight line in a new blank file, then duplicate it in an array, then duplicate/rotate to create the grid, are the lines perfectly straight or do some/all exhibit the same problem?

Hey, thanks for the reply.

No, snap to grid is definitely off... i never actually use it.

The problem seems to be only when working on a 'rotated plan'. And yes, if i draw a totally straight line and duplicate array some of the duplicates seem to have moved off straight. This is also true for the duplicated and rotated lines.