Sign in to follow this  
JRoshi

Bi-Parting Door in archway

Hi Vectorworkers!

I'm trying to achieve a Bi-parting doorway with an arched or rounded top..

I'm aware of the option to round the top but I don't like the fanlight.

Instead, I want to know if theres a way of putting both a bi-parting door and a cased opening archway on the same wall so that the functional door sits somehow inside or behind the archway, just cutting off the top of it?

This sort of thing...

[img:left]http://puu.sh/g2K2i/0f161d498c.png[/img]

[img:left]http://puu.sh/g2K6q/63d90a45e7.png[/img]

Yes, easy. Use the arch top opening (or cased opening) inserted in the wall, then just place the bi-parting pocket doors in the opening. This will work fine for modeling and visualization. You might need to do some tinkering (with annotations) to get exactly what you want for plans, etc...

PS, I agree that it would nice to have the option of making the actual door(s) have the desired top shape without the transom...

Just curious Peter and Jroshi,

How would you intend to track these arch-top

"pockets"?

Are you thinking curved intermediate rails?

Edited by bc

Actually, I have actually done some like that, using a standard off-the-rack pocket door kit, and then furring down the opening in an elliptical shape. The drywall finishers might hate you, but it's a cool effect.

So the door is a regular door.

Not an half arch?

Thanks CipesDesign, I didn't actually consider placing the door in artificially as not part of the wall.

I created the round top cased opening archway and slipped the door in with the arrow keys and it renders as intended!

Yes in practice, the way I'd go about it is simply creating a cavity within the wall (where insulation would normally be set) and feed the doors into those within an arched wall fascia.

Thanks for the help guys!